Saturday, August 1, 2009

Corazon "Cory" Aquino Died Today For Cardio Respiratory Arrest at 3:18 AM




Former President Corazon Aquino flashes the "Laban"(fight) sign as she speaks to thousand of people at an anti-charter change rally on Sept. 21, 1997 at he Quirino Grandstand in Manila.







This time I'm not discussing about celebrities because of our Former President Corazon "Cory" Aquino, people power icon, died today at 3:18 am at the age of 76. The official cause of death was cardio respiratory arrest.

According to her younger daughter Kris Aquino on live TV interview that her mom (
Cory Aquino) was diagnosed with colon cancer in March of last year and was treated with chemotherapy. Last May, she underwent surgery to remove parts of her colon and was brought to the Makati Medical Center in June due to loss of appetite.

On last year 2004, she wrote a nice prayer in titled of "Prayer for a Happy Death".

"
Almighty God, most merciful Father
You alone know the time
You alone know the hour
You alone know the moment
When I shall breathe my last.


So, remind me each day,
most loving Father
To be the best that I can be.
To be humble, to be kind,
To be patient, to be true.
To embrace what is good,
To reject what is evil,
To adore only You.


When the final moment does come
Let not my loved ones grieve for long.
Let them comfort each other
And let them know
how much happiness
They brought into my life.
Let them pray for me,
As I will continue to pray for them,
Hoping that they will always pray
for each other.


Let them know that they made possible
Whatever good I offered to our world.
And let them realize that our separation
Is just for a short while

As we prepare for our reunion in eternity.


Our Father in heaven,
You alone are my hope.
You alone are my salvation.
Thank you for your unconditional love.

Amen "


Watch the video of official statement on death of Cory Aquino HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment